Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas Everyone!

My best ever Christmas present arrived this week, in the form of a finished studio!  I am so happy and can't wait to get in there and start painting.  Today I have been hauling tables and canvases and cabinets into the space and wondering where to put everything.  I am hoping to get some shelves built at some point, but that will have to wait.  I just want to get back to painting!  

Thanks to my lovely Aunt Agnes, who made it possible to have this beautiful studio built in our garden.  I think it's time to get that space filled with a bit more colour!  


Meanwhile it has been super busy in the print room with everyone trying to finish up their projects before the end of the semester. There is such a great atmosphere in the Cambridge School of Art print room... I love it.. in case you hadn't realised already!


Whilst waiting for my studio to be finished, I have been playing with a bit of acrylic paint and gold leaf.  I love messing around, and it makes me feel a little more Christmassy.  I rather like these..  


I have also been working on a new drypoint, continuing on from my plant series. 


This time snowdrops are the order of the day... it won't be long before they start showing their beautiful white flowers, but since we already have daffodils and narcissus blooming in the garden, I think the snowdrops might feel rather confused.  It has been far too warm this winter.. and the rain.. oh the rain.  I feel so badly for those living in Cumbria.  

Well, that's it for another year, so I shall wish you all a Merry Christmas and a truly Happy New Year!  



No comments: