Thursday, May 4, 2017

Time flies...

Hello everyone....

What happened?

Well, life took over.

I realised that I hadn't posted for a long time but hadn't realised that it was that long ago! My studio is now full of art stuff and to be honest, needs a good sorting out.  I still don't have shelves or proper electricity, but I am managing!

I seem to be busier than ever these days, as I am also a full on carer for my Aunt, who broke her collarbone in February.  That has made a huge difference to both of us and for a while, she was unable to walk.  She is much better now, but I needed help, which I now have (at great cost!).  Caring is certainly not for the faint hearted and some days I feel very 'faint hearted'.

This is a short post just to say I am still alive and kicking, painting and printmaking.  At the moment I working on pieces for an 'Along your street' exhibition at Byard Art, Cambridge which begins on 2nd June.

I am also teaching landscape and bird oil painting classes at the wonderful Marlborough College Summer School from 24th July to 4th August.  I am very excited about this.  It will be hard work, but also a lovely break for me.  If you are interested, click on this link and it will take you to the Marlborough College website.

Here is something I have been working on lately just to bring you some sunshine.
April Fields 12 x 24 cm oil

Oh, and before I go, I have to introduce you to my newish friend, Diva.  She has been my saviour this last year.  She will be two on 9th June.  She is just marvellous!



No comments: